State Tax Returns Are Required for Bankruptcy
When you are preparing to file bankruptcy in Charlotte, NC, you will need to provide copies of your North Carolina State tax returns. You can request a copy of your State tax returns from the North Carolina Department of Revenue if you have lost or misplaced your State tax returns but you need to allow some time to get them.
How to Request a Copy of your Tax Returns
You will need to mail a written request to:
NC Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 1168
Raleigh, N.C. 27602
Your request should include the following information:
- Your current mailing address;
- Your name as it appeared on the return
- Your social security number
- The tax year of the return that you need.
How Long Will It Take to Receive My Tax Returns?
It will take approximately 20 days to receive the copy of your return. You cannot request a copy by telephone. The Revenue Department must have a written request signed by you. There is no charge for copies of your return.
- Pre-Filing Credit Counseling Course for Bankruptcy
- Can I Use My Credit Cards Before I File Bankruptcy?
- Can I File My Own Bankruptcy?
For help with your tax returns, contact the Law Office of Kimberly A. Sheek via online form or call (704) 842-9776 for a consultation.